HISTORIC VIEWS of OWOSSO and CORUNNA MICHIGAN


Business -- Industry -- Manufacturing

Circus and Fair

Railroads

Tornado Activity

Owosso Speedway History

Owosso WWII Prisoner of War Camp


OWOSSO

First New Pavement in 1898 - Looking East on Main St. at Washington St.

Main and Ball Streets looking East in about 1913

Looking North on Washington St. from Comstock St. in about 1906

Looking North on Washington St. from Comstock...about 1910

Looking North on Washington St. from Comstock St. in about 1914

Looking North on Washington St. from Comstock St. in about 1914 (close-up)

Looking North on Washington St. from Main.....about 1915 Owosso Fair sign.

1890's Baseball Team....Includes what look to be Rockland and Aurora uniforms... along with drummer boys. Some are holding a sign that says "OLD 487".

100 Block of West Main Street in about 1910

Main and Park Streets looking West...1940s.... Capitol Theatre

Looking north on Water St......Stereo View circa 1875

Fayette Square looking north circa 1916

St.Paul School 1910

George T. Semrau and his horse drawn Bread Wagon in March of 1914

Paving Michigan Ave. in 1906. Today, this is the only remaining brick paved street in the city. The lowest bid for paving Michigan Ave. went to Andrew Geeck at a cost of $8,700. The Detroit Vitrified Brick Company of Corunna furnished the materials.

Dynamiting City Street

Looking southwest at 106 N. Washington St. Card was mailed from Owosso in June of 1910. The business on the left is Davis Dry Goods Co. and the one on the right with the crowd in front is F. W. Pearce Hardware, Furniture and Undertaking on the corner of Washington and Main St.

"McCormick Day" celebration at Owosso circa 1900. People, horses, and farm machines gathered on Main St. This view is looking east. Several grain binders and a brass band are visible. "McCormick Days" were organized by McCormick dealers to celebrate the delivery of new machines to customers. Dealers used the events to promote the company and generate further sales.

St.Paul School 1910

Washington St. looking south from the corner of Washington and Exchange St. in 1953

The Street Car ...Looking east on Main St. in 1910

100 Block of East Main St. looking Northwest from Washington St. Notice streetcar overhead power lines.

Looking north on Water St......Stereo View circa 1875

Fayette Square looking north circa 1916

Owosso Business Men of 1871

Owosso Sept. 20, 1955 Panoramic view Looking West from Saginaw and Main Streets

The Street Car... Looking east on Main St. in 1910

Main and Ball Streets looking East in about 1913

Bird's Eye View ....Looking southeast from Main and Washington Streets Owosso circa 1900. The building on the left is the City Hall and Fire Dept. (Now the Lebowsky Center) The hose drying tower is at the back of the building. Notice the FLAG at half-staff. The white building in the center is now the location of the Chemical (Key State) Bank.

Owosso City Hall...1930's

Owosso Fire Dept. Ladder Truck

Owosso Fireman - Circa 1900

Owosso Police Chief Rex Smock in 1959

Owosso Police Dept. officers - 1900

Main and Washington Streets....looking west about 1910

100 Block of West Main Street in about 1910

Looking north on Water St......Stereo View circa 1875

Fayette Square looking north circa 1916

Washington St. looking south from the corner of Washington and Exchange St. in 1953

100 Block of East Main St. looking Northwest from Washington St.Notice streetcar overhead power lines.

Looking North on Washington St. from Comstock...about 1910

Looking North on Washington St. from Main.....about 1915
Owosso Fair sign.

1890's Baseball Team....Includes what look to be Rockland and Aurora uniforms... along with drummer boys. Some are holding a sign that says "OLD 487".

Elks Temple - Owosso

Estey Factory

Estey Factory Employees

Estey Manufacturing - Owosso - Before the Fire

Estey Manufacturing - Owosso - After the Fire

Tornado destroys the Estey Manufacturing Company - Nov. 11, 1911

The Estey building was called the White Elephant. Here it is after the 1911 tornado

Looking north on Water St......Stereo View circa 1875

Fayette Square looking north circa 1916

Owosso Sept. 20, 1955 Panoramic view Looking West from Saginaw and Main Streets

1911 Tornado in Owosso

1857 Map of Owosso

1905 Champion Baseball Team

1910 Fountain in McCurdy Park - Corunna

Memorial Hospital - Owosso - 1930's

Carnegie Library - Owosso - 1950's

Owosso Brick & Tile Works #1

Owosso Brick & Tile Works #2

Bridge Moving - Owosso -

George Bush sitting in Owosso made Woodard Furniture

Bell Isle Milk Delevery Wagon

Jimmy Cagney in Owosso Parade - 1940's War Bond Drive

Carrie Nations doing her thing in Owosso

Carrie Nations in Owosso

Woodard Casket Co. parade at plant in Owosso

Curwood Castle under construction

James Oliver Curwood standing in front of his newly constructed Castle

Comstock Cabin - Owosso

Gute Hill Brewery Building

Gute Caverns

Old St. Paul Church - Owosso

The Great Fillian on the ball at the intersection of Main and Washington Streets. Please don't try this at home!

Fillian in about 1905 on the 100 block of North Washington St. - Owosso

Fillian on the Ball. Try standing on a ball and rolling it up an incline with no net.

1906 Ringling Bros. Circus Poster from Owosso

Circus Parade going south in the 100 block of N. Washington St. - Circa 1900 - Owosso

1898 Circus Parade - Elephant in front of the Congregational Church in Owosso

Owosso - Corunna Steam Train on Corunna Ave.

Central Michigan Railraod Depot - Circa 1900 - Westown Owosso

Grand Trunk Depot - Owosso

Another view of the Grand Trunk Depot at Owosso

Old Junction Hotel - Westown Owosso

Another view of the Junction House Hotel

Owosso Hotel Hauck in 1909
Southwest corner of Ball and Exchange St.
Conner Ice Cream Company building on far left

Exchange Hotel - Southwest corner of Ball and Exchange Streets - Owosso

Occidental Hotel in Owosso

Old Hotel Owosso

House Moving Day in Owosso

Lobby area of the National Hotel - southwest corner of Main and Washington St. Owosso

Wildermuth Hotel - Now Indian Trails Headquarters -Downtown Owosso

Corey Laundry of Owosso after the 1911 Tornado

Weatherproof Body Co. - Corunna Plant

West Fall Buggy Co. of Owosso

Woodard Factory after the 1911 Tornado

W.P.A. gang near Owosso

Owosso's First Armory ... Later it was a lodge hall - SW Corner of Park and Mason Streets - now Nelson House Funeral Home is on that lot.

Owosso Manufacturing Co. - 1884 - Looking north from Main St. - Chipman St. on far left.

Owosso Manufacturing Co. made Screen Doors and Windows, Snow Shovels and "Humpty Dumpty" Egg Crates

Owosso Motor Truck Co. - 1910 - Which Method Do You Use?

1857 Map of Owosso - Looking Northwest

Owosso Merchants of 1871

Owosso Armory on Water Street

Circa 1900 Owosso Bandsman

Owosso Bryant School cicra 1900

Field Body Corp. of Owosso built many cabs for the Ford Model T chassis

Owosso Casket Co. - Now part of the Woodard Station Complex - Far left building

Owosso Coach Co. built many travel trailers - this ad is from 1948

Owosso Water Works Plant - early 1900's - Located just west of Gould Street at the river - Today the newer plant is located just east of Gould St.

The Old Owosso Post Office - Northwest corner of Exchange and Park Streets - Built in 1910 and torn down in the mid 1960s - Interior had marble wainscoating and floors

Looking West at Owosso from about Hickory St. - 1955

Owosso Masonic Temple - Built about 1928 - Northwest corner of Washington and Mason Streets

Walker Candy Co. building - 1929 - later Redmond Motors

Washington School - 1915 - Located near 715 S. Washington St. where the Wesleyan Church is today

Owosso High School - 1928 - presently used as the middle school

Salem Lutheran Church in Owosso after the 1911 Tornado

Michigan Central Depot under construction in Laingsburg

Memorial Hospital - 1934

Nurses Home at Owosso - present site of the E.R. at Memorial Hospital

Old Picture of Owosso City Hall

E. Petit was the Tea Agent for Grand Union Tea Company

Comstock Cabin


CORUNNA

1st National Bank (Surbeck Building) Corunna

Octagon Barn

Barn Raising

Bear Pen at McCurdy Park - Corunna - 1930's

Biggam Trailer Corp. - Corunna -

Car Jacking Ring was rounded up in the 1920's

Carland Michigan Milk collection

Corunna Grand Trunk Depot - Circa 1900

Corunna Hardware Store - 1909

Looking south on Shiawassee St. Downtown Corunna - 1914

Postcards of Corunna

More Pics of old Corunna

Corunna Baptist Church - 1909

Corunna Lap Robe

Looking West at the old Parshall Flour Mill and Dam at Corunna

Looking North from State St. - 1913 - Corunna

Corunna Fire Dept. 1950's

Corunna Free Mthodist Church - 1913

Corunna Iron Bridge - Circa 1900

Inside the old Coruuna Post Office

Corunna School Fire - 1908

New Corunna School - 1912 (now called Shiawassee St. School)

Old Corunna Water Plant....the Corunna V.F.W.

Old Corunna Weather Proof Body Corp. plant

Old wooden Corunna Court House

Shiawassee County Courthouse and Jail - circa 1910

Rust's Ford Dealership in Corunna - Circa 1918

Gov. Parsons home in Corunna

Smith's Livery of Corunna

Dean Woodard Furniture company employees - Oct. 1951 - company located at 400 Corunna Ave.

DURAND

GAR Union soldiers reunion at Detroit in 1900

Durand Depot 1918

Durand Catholic Church 1921

Methodist and Congregational Churches in Durand

Durand Depot in the good old days

Durand High School - 1912

Interurban at the Durand Depot

McKeen Motor Car at Durand

Durand Railroad Round House
Sadly, this rare brick full round house was torn down

Here is another view of the Durand Round House

BURTON CORNERS

Burton Corners - 1924

Burton Gas Station

Burton Methodist Church

BYRON

Byron Depot

Byron Michigan

Methodist Church - Byron - 1912

PERRY

Perry in 1913 - Before the fire

Perry during the fire

Perry after the fire

H.A. Brown Horses and Feed Mill....Perry, MI

Main St. in Perry -- 1912

MISC.

Juddville Gas Station

Bentley's Maplewood Downs

Old New Haven Steel Bridge

New Haven Coal Mine in 1917

Frank Gilbert and his Threshing Machine

Rare 8" Rodman Cannon at Vernon Cemetery

Henderson, Michigan

Methodist Episcopal Church - Bancroft - 1913

Daughters of the American Revolution marker dedication at Shiawassee Town - 1930's


Owosso Community Airport

Business -- Industry -- Manufacturing

Circus and Fair

Railroads

Tornado Activity

Owosso Speedway History

Owosso WWII Prisoner of War Camp


Last Update: 7-17-14
This is a personal website and is not affiliated with Shiawassee County, city, governmental agency, company, railroad or society.