Shattuck Music House
Known as the Shattuck Music House or the Michigan Sewing Machine Company, this Owosso business
was incorporated in 1887, Capitol $40,000. Myrtie Shattuck, President and Jesse C. Shattuck was
listed as Secretary-Treasurer. This business was located at 207 and 209 N. Washington St. When
this building was built, they claimed it to be the most beautiful building in the State of Michigan,
due to it's cut stone work on the facade.
1903 Sales Brochure
Shiawassee County Industry